Who we areMission - Worship - Equipping
Marineview Chapel is a community church committed to serving Jesus Christ and the Vancouver communities of Dunbar, Southlands, Kerrisdale and UBC since 1961. We are a small group of believers who meet together on Sunday mornings but endeavour to live out our faith 7 days a week. We want to be light in a dark world – bringing love, hope and practical help where they are needed most.
We are committed to proclaiming the Word of God, finding ways for believers to use their God-given gifts, and being a beacon of light and loving service in the community.
- in the Bible as the inspired, inerrant, living and authoritative Word of God;
- in one God, holy, infinite, and sovereign, the Creator of all things, who exists eternally in three personal distinctions, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- in the virgin birth, the sinless humanity and the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ, who as very God became incarnate, and through His death and resurrection, has procured redemption for all who believe and receive Him;
- in the Holy Spirit who bears witness to Christ, convicts of sin, is the Agent of regeneration, and is given to indwell the life of every believer;
- in Christ's Lordship of the Church, in the ordinances of believer's baptism and the observance of the Lord's Supper; and
- in the imminent and personal return of Christ for His Church and His coming to set up His kingdom in power and glory, to be the judge of all humanity, and to reign in everlasting righteousness.